Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's been a long time


As you can see, I had good intentions of keeping a blog with Megerin but somehow dropped those intentions right out of my life.
I know most people keep in touch with Facebook now-a-days ( I have heard blogs are so 2006 ), but I am not a fan (though liked the movie), so think maybe if i start up a blog again it will give me incentive to keep in touch more. I always MEAN to email but seldom do.
Anyway, we have had Megerin for almost 2 years now and have made it to the Abacos in northern Bahamas last year and this year hope to sail from Florida to central Bahama island chain called the Exumas. Right now we are in Miami, anchored near good cruising friends, with the city as a beautiful backdrop. Everyday cruise ships move in and out and i think we are in a lot of pictures - we sure see a lot of flashes going off. The loud music is playing, huge screens are lit up showing passengers already doing some disco dancing - in and out every day! An amazing industry. And quite a change from the island anchorages we used to be in. But it is fun touring around, having very good restaurants and stores nearby. Enjoy it while we can, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment